Your DuroMax 3 Year Warranty
If you have questions regarding your warranty, contact us at 844-DUROMAX or email@example.com
All DuroMax/DuroStar Power Equipment warrant the original purchasers to a 3-year Parts Warranty (Residential Use ONLY: Unusually heavy or commercial use is covered for a period of 1-year) in the event of failure due to defects in electrical or mechanical components. Freight on any items submitted for replacement or repair under the Warranty are the responsibility of the equipment owner. This warranty is non-transferable and only valid to the original purchaser.
The DuroMax/DuroStar Power Equipment warranty does not cover repairs or returns when the fault is: Normal Wear and Tear, Installation Use or Maintenance Services, Cosmetic defects, Accessories, Failures due to acts of God or Natural Disasters, or problems related to/from aftermarket or non-OEM parts.
DuroMax/DuroStar Power Equipment does not claim or hold any obligation to loss of time, freight charges, use of product, or any incidental damages from the use of this product. THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
U.S. EPA AND CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS CONTROL WARRANTY STATEMENT YOUR WARRANTY RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), California Air Resources Board, and Imperial Industrial Supply Co. LTD. / DuroMax Power Equipment are pleased to explain the emissions control system’s warranty on your 2018 small off-road engine. In California, new equipment that use small off-road engines must be designed, built, and equipped to meet the State’s stringent anti-smog standards. DuroMax Power Equipment must warrant the emissions control system on your small off-road engine for the period listed below provided there has been no abuse, neglect, or improper maintenance of your equipment. Your emissions control system may include parts such as: carburetors or the fuel injection system, ignition system, catalytic converters, fuel tanks, valves, filters, clamps, connectors, and other associated components. Also, included may be hoses, belts, connectors, sensors, and other emission-related assemblies. Where a warrantable condition exists, DuroMax Power Equipment will repair your small off-road engine at no cost to you including diagnosis, parts, and labor.
MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY COVERAGE
This emissions control system is warranted for two years. If any emissions-related part on your equipment is defective, the part will be repaired or replaced by DuroMax Power Equipment.
OWNER’S WARRANTY RESPONSIBILITIES
- As the small off-road engine owner, you are responsible for performance of the required maintenance listed in your owner’s manual. DuroMax Power Equipment recommends that you retain all receipts covering maintenance on your small off-road engine, but DuroMax Power Equipment cannot deny warranty solely for the lack of receipts or your failure to ensure the performance of all scheduled maintenance.
- As the small off-road engine owner, you should however be aware that the DuroMax Power Equipment may deny you warranty coverage if your small off-road engine or a part has failed due to abuse, neglect, or improper maintenance or unapproved modifications.
- You are responsible for presenting your small off-road engine to a DuroMax Power Equipment distribution center or service center as soon as the problem exists. The warranty repairs should be completed in a reasonable amount of time, not to exceed 30 days.
If you have any questions regarding your warranty coverage, contact us at 844-DUROMAX or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEFECTS WARRANTY REQUIREMENTS
The warranty period begins on the date the engine or equipment is delivered to an ultimate purchaser and extends for a period of Two Years.
GENERAL EMISSIONS WARRANTY COVERAGE
DuroMax Power Equipment warrants to the ultimate purchaser and each subsequent owner that the engine or equipment is:
- Designed, built, and equipped to conform with all applicable regulations adopted by the Air Resources Board; and
- Free from defects in materials and workmanship that causes the failure of a warranted part for a period of two years.
The warranty on emissions-related parts will be interpreted as follows:
- Any warranted part that is not scheduled for replacement as required maintenance in the Owner’s Manual must be warranted for the warranty period stated above. If any such part fails during the period of warranty coverage, it must be repaired or replaced by the manufacturer according to Subsection (4) below. Any such part repaired or replaced under the warranty must be warranted for the remaining warranty period.
- Any warranted part that is scheduled only for regular inspection in the Owner’s Manual must be warranted for the warranty period stated above. A statement in such written instructions to the effect of “repair or replace as necessary” will not reduce the period of warranty coverage. Any such part repaired or replaced under warranty must be warranted for the remaining warranty period.
- Any warranted part that is scheduled for replacement as required maintenance in the Owner’s Manual must be warranted for the period prior to the first scheduled replacement point for that part. If the part fails prior to the first scheduled replacement, the part must be repaired or replaced by the engine manufacturer according to Subsection (4) below. Any such part repaired or replaced under warranty must be warranted for the remainder of the period prior to the first scheduled replacement point for the part.
- Repair or replacement of any warranted part under the warranty must be performed at no charge to the owner at a warranty station.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Subsection (4) above, warranty services or repairs must be provided at all manufacturer distribution centers that are franchised to service the subject engines.
- The owner must not be charged for diagnostic labor that leads to the determination that a warranted part is in fact defective, provided that such diagnostic work is performed at a warranty station.
- The manufacturer is liable for damages to other engine components proximately caused by a failure under warranty of any warranted part.
- Throughout the emissions warranty period stated above, the manufacturer must maintain a supply of warranted parts sufficient to meet the expected demand for such parts.
- Any replacement part may be used in the performance of any warranty maintenance or repairs and must be provided without charge to the owner. Such use will not reduce the warranty obligations of the manufacturer.
- Add-on or modified parts that are not exempted by the Air Resources Board may not be used. The use of any nonexempt add-on or modified parts will be grounds for disallowing a warranty claim. The manufacturer will not be liable to warrant failures of warranted parts caused using a nonexempt add-on or modified part.
- The manufacturer issuing the warranty shall provide any documents that describe that manufacturer’s warranty procedures or policies within five working days of request by the Air Resources Board.