DuroMax Generator Setup
Thank you for choosing DuroMax. We’re here to support you and make your experience with setting up our generators as easy as possible. Once you receive your DuroMax generator you’ll find in the box:
- Instruction manual
- Tool set
- Spark plug wrench
- Wheel and handle kit*
- Oil funnel
- If your generator is a Dual Fuel model, you’ll also receive a propane regulator.
*Wheel and handle kit included on most models
Prior to use, you’ll need engine oil. We recommend 10W-30 oil.
To get your generator up and running follow these easy steps:
- Make sure to read the instruction manual for your exact model.
- Remove the shipping brace.
- Attach the support brackets (If applicable).
- Attach the handles (If applicable).
- Attach the wheels (If applicable).
- Take your generator outside. (As a reminder, make sure you only operate your generator outdoors, at least 20 ft away from open doors and windows to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning).
- Connect the battery. (Note: Battery ships disconnected).
- Add oil (Note: We recommend 10W-30 oil)
- Select your fuel (If applicable). (Note: If using gasoline, fill the gas tank. If using propane, connect the propane line to your generator and the propane tank. If using natural gas, please consult a licensed plumber for connection options to your home.
- Check the handy Quick Start Guide for a step-by-step list on how to start your specific model.
- Start the engine.
That’s it! During a power outage, being able to keep the lights on and your household appliances running will offer your family safety, comfort, and peace of mind. Enjoy safe and reliable power whenever and wherever you need it.