Dual Fuel technology allows your generator to run on either gasoline or propane, offering the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
DuroMax is the industry leader in Dual Fuel portable generator technology, with a full assortment ranging from inverters to generators that can power your entire home.
During a storm or emergency, there’s no time for guesswork – you need to be able to fire up your generator at a moment’s notice and fuel up with whatever is readily available. There are several benefits to each fuel option. Gasoline is a tried-and-true source of fuel and provides 5% more power than propane. Depending on where you live and the current circumstances, it could be more easily available than propane.
Gasoline Versus Propane?
Here are the benefits of fueling up with propane over traditional gasoline:
- MORE FUEL EFFICIENT AND COST EFFECTIVE: Propane costs less upfront, burns longer, lasts longer, and will save you money in the long run.
- LONGER SHELF LIFE: Unlike gasoline, propane is more stable and won’t degrade over time. While gasoline can only be stored for a few months at a time, propane can last for up to 30 years. Because propane’s longevity, you won’t need to add expensive stabilizers to keep it from going bad.
- READILY AVAILABLE: If you’re using gasoline to fuel your generator, you’ll most likely refill your tanks at a gas station. This becomes a problem during a power outage, when there’s no electricity at the station to use the pump. Fortunately, propane is available in home centers, supermarkets, outdoor stores, BBQ stores… and gas stations. (Make sure to bring cash.)
- CLEAN-BURNING FUEL: Fumes and pollutants emitted by generators can pose a risk to the environment and your health. Propane is considered cleaner-burning fuel, since it produces half the amount of carbon monoxide as gasoline.
- LESS MAINTENANCE: Gasoline leaves carbon deposits in your engine and exhaust, which means you’ll need to clean them more often. Gasoline also leaves residue in fuel lines and other system parts — which adds to the maintenance. Propane is a clean-burning fuel, so it does not have these problems.
- NO SPILLS: Gasoline needs to be poured from a container into the tank, which can lead to overflow, spills, and contamination of the surrounding area. Propane tanks simply need to be connected to the inlet. There is no danger of spilled fuel or overflow with propane. This means that propane tanks are safer for you and the environment.
- WORKS WELL DURING THE WINTER: Gasoline becomes more viscous in the cold, which makes your generator harder to start during the winter months. Propane tanks stored indoors or in a temperate area won’t have temperature-related issues, so it’s perfect for those who live in places with very cold winters.
OUR TOP DUAL FUEL UNIT
The XP13000HX is the crown jewel of the HX Series with 13,000 watts of power. This unit provides the power normally found in stationary home standby generators but in a more affordable, portable package.
OUR TOP DIGITAL INVERTER
Enjoy clean, Dual Fuel whole home power with the XP16000iH. This digital inverter is excellent for emergency home backup or power on the jobsite. Use clean power to operate your television, laptops, and other sensitive electronics.
Cleaner Air for Everyone
DuroMax is continually innovating and improving on existing technologies to reduce harmful emissions. DuroMax generators that run on propane produce lower carbon emissions than similar gasoline powered only units.