Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced by combustion engines. Carbon monoxide replaces oxygen when confined to an enclosed area and can cause dizziness, confusion – and even death – if allowed to accumulate.
Treat like your generator as if it were a car: The Portable Generator Manufacturers' Association advises us to keep our generators outside, at least 20 feet away from any opening into your home.
A generator shouldn’t cause more harm than good. During a time of disaster, the last thing you want to worry about is the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Our innovative CO Alert technology eliminates this threat by shutting down the generator when an unsafe level of carbon monoxide is detected, keeping your family safe and sound from harmful engine fumes.